Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Thoughts on My Life

Have you ever stopped and thought about where the years have gone, what you have accomplished in your life, what is still to come? I have been thinking alot of this lately. I am almost 43 years old, and I really feel that I am missing something major in my life. Yes, I have an absolutely amazing husband and two children, a family who loves me very much and a career I love, but there is something missing. I have thought alot of this lately, and I know what is missing is me accomplishing something amazing with what God has given me and that is my ability to relate to children, to teach them, to assist in their success in life and I don't mean here, I am thinking somewhere like Africa or Pakistan. I want to know that when I'm gone, that I leave something more to this world. I want to know that my life means something, that I took my abilities and brought something amazing to someone. I have just really been battling this for sometime, and time is slowly slipping away, so I have to do something. I recently read a book, "Three Cups of Tea" written by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. The book is written about Greg Mortenson and how he built schools in the Middle East. Reading that book, really got me to thinking about actually going there to teach for a few months. I have been giving it some serious thought and have even talked with my family about it. I still don't know what I am going to do, but I do know that I need to do something where I feel I'm being of service somewhere. I need to know that my life counted for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment