Friday, January 23, 2009

It's been a Happily Wild Morning with lots of Positive Energy


My wild morning actually began last night, well actually maybe last week. It all began when Sarah's cat, Bob turned up missing last week. He loves to be outside, but has never just took off and not returned, but this time he decided to go on an adventure. After a few days, we became worried and started looking for him. We went to the local Animal Shelter, posted pictures of him around our neighborhood, and posted a lost pet ad on our neighborhood website.

Still no signs of our beloved "Bob" and we also had to break the news to Sarah. Then last night, my computer decided it was going to shut itself down and not let me log back on with my password. The darn thing kept telling me my password was wrong. I immediately thought my dear sweet son, who never plays jokes on his mom, had changed the password, but he swore on his xbox 360 that he did not change the password and even tried to help me get back into the system. I had to wait until Paul came home to have him try to get me logged back on, but he couldn't get the system started either, and he is an IT person. He worked for several hours and still no computer for Rhonda. So I spent the night tossing and turning, worrying about my computer, but worrying more about my pictures on my computer as Paul told me that if he had to wipe out the hard drive to get the system up and going again, he didn't know if he would be able to save anything. Yes, I have been bad and have not backed up my pictures in a couple of months (well that won't happen again). This morning I woke early and took some time to just lay there praying and thinking of how I needed a break. How I need something positive to happen. Paul is without a job, our cat was missing, my laptop was not playing nice and I have had one set back after another with my surgery. I just really needed some positive energy today. Paul gets up and immediately starts tinkering with my laptop and after about an hour, gets it working again with no problems, good as new. We don't know what happened, but he is going to run a full diagnostics to try to find the problem. Then he had a phone interview with Home Depot at 10am, and he comes to me afterwards and is telling me that they were really impressed with him to the point they want him to come talk with them face to face early next week, and while he was telling me all of this, he looks down from the top of the stairs where he is standing and exclaims "Oh my gosh, Bob is at the front door, he's home!". I started screaming and we both went running down the stairs to find one tired, skinny, starving cat waiting to be let in. We were so happy, I began crying, Paul, began crying and Bob began eating. So as you see, it was a weird, but very happy and very positive morning.

Welcome Home Bob!




1 comment:

  1. Awww....what a cute kittie! So glad he's back and glad things are starting to look up!

    ReplyDelete