Sunday, January 25, 2009

Time Flies When You Have Children

As next week approaches, I sit back and think of how time has flown by for this mom. My son, Will will celebrate his 15th birthday on the 30th and my daughter, Sarah just celebrated her 21st birthday on the 16th. Wasn't it just yesterday my babies were just that babies?

Baby Sarah

Baby Will

And now here I am, a mom of a 15 year old and a 21 year old and I am thrilled to have such amazing kids, but bummed that I no longer have babies. They are all grown up, independent, smart, well-mannered (well to some extent-WILL!!) and just constantly amaze me everyday.

Will is an amazing musician with the trumpet, piano, piccolo trumpet and any other instrument he can get his hands on. He loves playing lacrosse, extreme frisbee and is an amazing actor in the drama class and performances at his High School. He is a funny character. I love talking with him, he is so smart and sometimes just floors me with his language skills.


Will playing the trumpet with the NCHS Marching Band


Ready for the Winter Formal

Sarah is in her final year of college at GSU. She is majoring in Child and Family Development and minoring in theatre. Sarah recently became engaged to Kevin Zorn, who she met at GSU and has been dating for two years. Sarah is an awesome student who is on the President's list and not only does well in her classes, but she holds down an almost full-time job and participates in several plays on campus each semester. On top of all that, this semester, she has volunteer work to complete for her major.


Sarah and Kevin

Sarah's Birthday

So yes, my kids are grown, time has flown and I'm going to be all alone!!! Not really, I know my kids will always be there for their mom and I do still have Paul. And hopefully one day I'll have babies in my life again and I'll get to watch time fly by once again, but this time when time's get rough, I'll politely and with a smile, hand them over to their parents.








6 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You are too cute! Your kids are great looking and I am sure they are just as sweet as their mom! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to cry thinking how fast tey grow! My oldest just turned 8 last month and it honestly feels like I gave birth a year or 2 ago! WHERE DOES THE TIME GO!
    Your children are beautiful and Sarah is the tiniest thing, God bless her! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you, can't believe that our babies have grown into two lovely young adults. It just seems like to me just a couple of years ago that they were babies. Boy, I really am feeling old between your two and my two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rhonda-I totally agree! My daughter Kelli just turned 21
    yesterday-I seriously cannot believe it!

    Looking forward to the Easter Basket swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest is turning 15 on the 4th. I also have two little ones but they too are growing so fast. I was just thinking the other night that Noelle is going to be 18 in 3 years... crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound like wonderful kids.

    ReplyDelete